Notes are role-specific
- Dealers have the ability to add notes to My Notes.
- A dealer's rep cannot see the dealer’s notes unless the dealer prints an order proposal and emails it to their rep using print job link share.
- A dealer can only print from the My Notes tab in an order proposal so note type buttons don't display in the Export PDF modal.
- Reps have the ability to add notes to My Notes and Shared Notes.
- Shared Notes: “shared” here only refers to the ability for multiple reps to access notes for a shared account. This tab is for clients who have multiple reps assigned to an account. All reps assigned to that account can view/add/edit/delete Shared Notes.
- Sharing an order from rep to dealer does not share My Notes or Shared Notes. We wanted reps to be able to comment freely about an account or a style.
- A rep’s dealer cannot see the rep’s notes unless the rep prints an order proposal and emails it to their dealer using print job link share.
- A rep can print from My Notes, Shared Notes or both in an order proposal. All three option display in the Export PDF modal.
Printing: If reps or dealers add notes to styles in a catalog, they can be printed in two ways:
- Add items with notes to cart and print (My Notes, Account Notes or Both) with notes for: Order while in an order for the catalog in which notes were created.
- Print an order proposal with an empty cart (My Notes, Account Notes or Both) with notes for: Catalog while in an order for the catalog in which notes were created